seat hinges

From: everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 04:37:48 PST

A few years back the seat hinges in my GMC gave way and I did not see a
problem, is standard cab so back just leaned back a little more and rested
against cab rear wall. That winter I discovered a problem, the rear glass
frosted over behind my head, seat resting against back wall kept air from
heater from circulating under seat and up back wall. Couple of spacers
cured that, then my seat destroyed truck seat and I had to get new (at least
new to me) truck seat from salvage yard. NOT CHEAP

Also be aware that bucket seats on GM trucks have a single bolt in hinge
that holds seat upright - I had this bolt to break and let front seat back
fall into rear seat (double cab) - makes driving very difficult, and I was
several hundred miles from home. Went to Wal-Mart purchased big plastic box
and 3 bundles 12 rolls each bundle) toilet tissue, propped seat back up with
them - worked so well I continued my trip - few weeks later passenger side
did same thing.

Everette

“Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things.
You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less.” General Robert E.
Lee, C.S.A.