Re: [MV] Electric trailer brakes

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 14:44:38 PST

Okay to tap into one battery, the grounded one, to get
12 volts for the controller, but not okay to come off
the btake light system and send 24 volts to the controller
when the brakes are applied. I tapped into one battery and
installed a 24 volt solenoid. The solenoid gets triggered
by a wire tapped into the bake light wire near the switch
and the solenoid sends 12 volts to the controller. The brakes
are wired seperate from the lights, so I put 24 volt bulbs
in the trailer. I'm using the same type controller mentioned
in Posts by David and Kenny. $69.00 at Camping World (RV
dealer.
Joe Young
Joe Young
Joe Young