Re: [MV] WW II OD (was) Original paint color for M135

From: Doc Bryant (rbhonk1@cox.net)
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 16:24:24 PST

While in these circumstances I tend to think of myself as professional, some
of my cohorts have a differing opinion of when they add in the six pack.

I must say that whilst I do not wish to impune their very names, some of
these people are also the same lot that advocate Ditzler Lacquer Clear as
one of the best methods to get through a long day of spraying Fords.

To each is own, I say, and swiftly figure out where all my four ounce
measuring cups went.....

Those that prefer the aroma of DLC to the malty wallop of say a Yuengling
Amber Lager tend to start the day out with a pop or two and remain on the
cusp all through the day. My internal organs are neither that capable nor
that damaged for me to follow that path.

I prefer to work my magic in the paint booth then start downing the
longnecks assisted by a good double maduro double corona or figurado.

I have worked in some downdraft and crossdraft paint facilities that were
equipped with a keg cooling icebox. That is a pleasant thing, save the fact
that you always have to scout around for a suitable container from which to
consume the life giving fluid. They never seem to have enough glasses
chilled I find. These are the same rabble that take offense at my laying on
a creeper neath the dispensing nozzle and telling the painter's assistant to
whack that valve open wide. I never spill a drop doing that....because that
would be Alcohol Abuse!

As to the issue of six packs I feel that they should be permitted only in
shops that do an extensive business in aged Japanese mini trucks. The
flattened cans (providing they are the proper color) made idea replacement
body sheet metal parts. Six packs of glass bottles should only be permitted
in larger facilities so that great sport can be made of tossing the dead
soldiers into a distant used solvent drum (nota bene: Cut the lid from the
drum before tossing beer bottles it's way. Those tiny bunghole are
difficult to hit spot on.). Such a satisfying sound they make as they
rattle into the drum from fifty to sixty feet. That sound should not be
confused with the similar sound of a beer bottle bouncing off a Chrysler
door. Admittedly there have been days when it would have given me no end of
pleasure to carom a 16 oz. Sierra Nevada bottle off a nearby Chrysler.

I hope dearest Arthur, this clears up any questions you might have had on
this issue.

Doc Bryant