M1008 glow plug issues

From: Eric Kozowski (eric@kozowski.com)
Date: Sat Feb 28 2004 - 14:05:11 PST

OK, I know this has been discussed at length, but I didn't have an M1008
at the time, so I didn't pay attention. Anyway, my department just got
an M1008, but the glow plugs don't work. Other than that, it runs fine.
What should we look for on the glow plug issue? I remeber the controllers
being a problem, but is there anything else?

Also, what does it take to convert the truck to a regular 12v system? I
know the starter has to be replaced, but what else?

--
Eric Kozowski
Joseph, OR