Finally got one! But still wondering..

From: Grant Stockly (grant@stockly.com)
Date: Sun Feb 29 2004 - 21:44:34 PST

Okay. I bought one and am going to drive it home next Friday or
Saturday. I'm so excited! :)

Its a 1965 M35 with 1963 miles on a LDT-465-1D and transmission. It has a
full arctic top package, bed insulation, and 30,000btu rear heater. It
also has the diesel 30,000btu heater unit for the cab (which the nuclear
war switch on the dash shuts off. ;) ). It also has the swing fire
option and the chain saw sized swing fire heater. It also has the air
shift front end, but the High/Low part of the transfer case is not air shift.

The only other option I would like to add to it is something to help the
steering. Even on the ice it was hard. How well do those military option
air assist things work? Do they kill the air compressor? I might be able
to pick up one at the truck yard specializing in military parts pretty
cheap. Is it worth it? I'm looking for any experience with these air
assist steering packages.

I'm sorry if the M35 never had that option. Maybe I saw one on a 5 ton
cargo truck. So what's the deal?

Grant