Re: [MV] Finally got one! But still wondering..

From: m35products (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 19:19:03 PST

Good evening, Mr. Shaw:

The list price, for comparison, is $1395.00. We sell them for $1000 plus
shipping. Fire departments and other local government users pay $950 because
the feds tell us to sell them for that. ("Federal bid list price") Repeat or
multiple purchase customers pay $950. Sometimes we pay the shipping if it
appeals to us. Sometimes we give them away to rural FD's who don't have any
money.

To install a non mil-spec hydraulic system would cost about $1200 in parts,
and quite a bit of labor. Our kit can be installed by most anyone with a
set of wrenches in under 4 hours. Ours will not lock up in the event that
the engine stalls or air is lost. Hydraulic systems will.

There are 8 authorized dealers. Some other guys (non-dealers) advertise them
at $995, or even less, but when you call them, they don't have any in stock.
Be careful to ask what the date codes are, so that you can be assured that
you are buying new stock, not something that has travelled from the factory
to us to several other dealers to the guy who has it for sale. Dealers can
decipher the date codes. Others cannot. That's why they call'em codes.

Basically, we will not let anyone walk away without one if they really need
one. One old gal called and wanted to give one to her husband who had just
gotten his M35 restoration done, then he had a stroke. She couldn't afford
the retail price, so I said to Mrs. Bloom "Why not just sell her one at
cost?" So we did.

The bookkeeper was not thrilled, but she got over it. Didn't you, dear?

A P B