M35 question

From: Jim Zehr (jeeperjim@cox-internet.com)
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 20:51:36 PST

I am looking at a M35 series truck. It was driving along fat, dumb, and
happy when it quit dead.
A mechanic looked at it and stated that the "fuel stop lever" was broken.
Since then the mechanic is deceased and the owner wants to get rid of it.
He has no inclination to work or repair anything on it.
I quickly downloaded some of the TMs but have not run across this item yet
(fuel stop lever). Fuel filters and tank associated components were
reported to be o.k. at that time. Truck has been sitting for about six
months now right where it died.
Any clues to help me zero in on the problem will be greatly appreciated.
I have not examined it yet myself.
Jim
jeeperjim@cox-internet.com