RE: [MV] won't start:

From: John Brian Seeling (JBSeeling@cox-internet.com)
Date: Wed Mar 03 2004 - 07:21:56 PST

I'm no expert on this, but i think that your truck has a 250 cummins (or
comparable setup). If so, then i think that your cummins fuel pump has a
spring-loaded valve that shuts fuel off. when you turn the key on,
electricity goes to a small servo that overcomes the spring and allows fuel
to flow again (hence, ignition). Sounds like your servo is bad or isn't
getting any juice. There is a small screw on the pump where the servo is
attached. It allows you to "manually" override the servo (your key will no
longer turn the engine off). If you screw this in all the way, it should
crank right up (if that is the problem). If that doesn't fix it, then it
sounds like you aren't getting any fuel to the pump. check for cracks/air
leaks in the line between the tank and the pump (or the fuel filter
assemblies). hope this helps.
- John Brian Seeling