Re: [MV] WW II OD (was) Original paint color for M135?

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Mar 03 2004 - 10:38:34 PST

At 12:45 PM -0500 3/3/04, Ron wrote:
> DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!! DANGER!!!
> For those of you STILL not using version 7.03.001.553A, build 6 of
>'Ronzo the Jerk' blocker software, hit 'DELETE' now.
> You have been warned....
>

> Everyone has an opinion here, and like reality, no two are alike, or
>for that matter, correct.
> Jim is claiming that his research and what he has found after years of
>searching for the Holy Grail of the OD Paint color/tint/shade is such and
>such due to regs, specs., standards, etc. and are therefore uniform and
>unbending. As long as you are talking factory fresh, controlled, peacetime,
>we got all the time in the world, new manufacture conditions with end of the
>line government acceptance inspectors, he might be correct.

Ronzo, you've basically confirmed my idea for painting the Dingo when
I get to that point. I'm going to take half a gallon of a correct
WWII US OD paint and mix it with half a gallon of some correct WWII
British OD paint and spray it that way. Drips will get lightly sanded
if they're really obvious and the WD numbers will be brushed on by
hand. After a season of use at WWII events, it'll look like it'd come
off the line in late '44.

--
--
-                 Data Center Operations Group                -