Studebaker/International TRUCK

From: Geno (truks@cs.quik.com)
Date: Sat Mar 06 2004 - 17:37:11 PST

Well...the Studebaker truck was sold at auction today. After all the mess of
how it was a Studebaker...the auctioneers announced - it was a
International...
It had all the gauges smashed, all the tires were bad, it had a winch, there
was no bed.
 The engine has 2" of crapola on top. It had not been run in over 20
years... Of course - you all know a International - Marine Corps truck - has
3 axles...and each one is a locking axle ...6 wheels.
That was a MARINE order...for beach landings.
The vehicle got up to $1600.00. I quit. It may be worth that to someone who
needed the winch and axles.. But as a project vehicle - or parts..NUTZO.!! I
passed. I have no idea who bought it and do not care. Good luck to him.
Important thing was..it unraveled the identification......Gene