Problem... : (

From: Grant Stockly (grant@stockly.com)
Date: Sat Mar 06 2004 - 20:30:01 PST

Okay, its a long story but the guy sold the truck that I had all the
pictures to. I'm also WAY too trusting.

Drove the truck to carrs and called the guy. I said "This transmission is
shot". He's like, "Hua?"

I was going down the road and when ever I went up a hill or let it engine
brake I could hear a rattling/cofee grinding noise over the engine. Yes,
OVER THE ENGINE. This is the LDT-465-1D and the stack is in front of the
windshield, which has plenty of built in "venting". I look over to my dad,
"This isn't cool". Also, the transmission grindes real bad going into every
single gear. 2,3,4,5. And in "first" it almost sounds like the transmission
main shaft is banging around in there. No synchros at all.

So I parked it where he told me too and he is going to look at it. He
promised something would be done to get me a good condition truck. I guess
I'm supposed to get a call tonight.

So now someone has $4000, and someone else has no truck.

Anyone ever have something like this happen? (transmission
wise :P ) When it was costing (middle acceleration and engine braking)
it quieted WAY down. It was loud considering the situation. 41MPH in 5th
gear, about 2200RPM?