Re: [MV] WTB: M35 master cyl fill cap

From: ke6myk@sbcglobal.net
Date: Sat Mar 06 2004 - 20:26:38 PST

patrick jankowiak <eccm@swbell.net> wrote:
> Fill cap? I have never seen one. Mine seems to only have a line coming
> from the top of the cylinder. Never been able to figure out where to
> fill it at..

That line is generally attached to a right-angle fitting in the center
of the fill cap. The cap itself is metal, and is square on top so you
can turn it with a wrench. Clean the crud off the top of the master
cylinder, detach that vent line, push it out of the way, and then
unscrew the cap with a crescent wrench. This can all be done through
the access door in the cab floor near the driver's seat. As I recall,
there's a cross-member over the master cylinder, but it has a hole in
it over the master cylinder fill cap so that you can stick a funnel
through it. The cross-member does make it hard to see the cap, and the
cap looks more like a pipe plug than the typical brake master cylinder
cap, so I'm not that surprised that you haven't found it yet! :-)

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <ke6myk@sbcglobal.net>
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://www.keyserver.net/