YANKS, YANKEES, etc.

From: Ted Hils (tedhils@cyber-south.com)
Date: Mon Mar 08 2004 - 08:22:28 PST

Well put, Everette.
     Really, when if push comes to shove, I don't care what you call me, as
long as you call me for supper. And I'll eat with anybody, if they're
buying.
    A Yankee is somebody from the North. Somebody from the North that comes
to the South, and STAYS, is a D**N Yankee.
    There are two separate (non-baseball) uses of the term Yankee. One is
in jest when talking to one of those nice guys from up north when they are
visiting (and spending their money) in our part of the world. The other is
said quietly, under your breath, after dealing with one of those arrogant
#%$#~^+*s that are down here acting like they own the place, are doing you a
favor by talking to you, and trying to rip you off. Luckily, we don't get
too many of the second type in my neck of the woods, and hardly ever in the
MV business. OD has a way of bridging the cultural gap. : )
Ted

Ted Hils
Ted's Trucks 'N Stuff
1181 County Road 560