Re: [MV] Brake Light Wiring

From: ke6myk@sbcglobal.net
Date: Mon Mar 08 2004 - 09:57:36 PST

"Mike Maynard" <mike@wesleyscott.com> wrote:
> Ok... so how many of you hop in your trusty MV and start down the road,
> totally forgetting to turn on the stoplights? This has happened to me a
> couple times now, and it concerns me a lot.

You could just leave the switch on. I don't think there should be any
battery drain (as long as you don't leave the panel lights on), and
I think it's a good idea to either install a battery disconnect switch
(preferrably keyed) or at least disconnect the battery ground lead,
anyway, so that nosy little fingers don't turn on the truck while
you're not around.

Maybe you could make yourself a pre-trip checklist to help you get in
the habit of checking the things that you ought to check anyway. If
it's a deuce or another vehicle with an air brake or air over
hydraulic system, then you'll have some time to kill anyway, while the
air pressure is building up.

Just like remembering to turn off that non-self-cancelling turn
signal, it's just something that you'll have to learn to remember to
do. Once it becomes a habit, you might find yourself momentarily
confused when you slide into a civvy vehicle, and there aren't enough
switches to be flipped! :-)

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <ke6myk@sbcglobal.net>
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://www.keyserver.net/