Re: [MV] neato anti-theft device

From: ke6myk@sbcglobal.net
Date: Mon Mar 08 2004 - 12:17:15 PST

"Jim Zehr" <jeeperjim@cox-internet.com> wrote:
> Don't remember a similar device used on active duty models, only the locked
> chain through the steering wheel routine.

A few 2.5-tons and 5-tons that I've gotten recently came out of
service with a hole drilled through the transfer case shifter and a metal
bracket bolted to the transmission hump with the nuts welded on, such
that a padlock may be inserted through the holes in the bracket and
shifter to lock the transfer case in neutral.

I'm in the habit of turning off the light switch when I stop, even
though it's not really necessary, in hopes that if the truck gets
stolen by somebody who's not familiar with MVs, they'll get pulled
over soon for not having working lighting.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <ke6myk@sbcglobal.net>
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://www.keyserver.net/