Re: [MV] neato anti-theft device

From: Larry Tighe (larryradio@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Mar 08 2004 - 10:42:25 PST

Do MV's really get stolen?

I hesitate to change anything on my M151A2 or M998....my Irish-Catholic
genes cause me to be very stubborn and hard headed.

Both came with steering wheel locks, i.e., a chain welded to the driver's
seat on the 151 and a steel cable loop in the 998. I just can't imagine
anyone taking an MV....how far could they get before they're stopped?
Active duty types may borrow a vehicle to get home from the NCO club
(officers would never do that!! :>) but in the civilian world someone would
be nuts to even try.

If I were going to "theft proof" it, I'd put a solenoid valve on the fuel
and a hidden switch....it this really necessary?

Lar

Sent: Monday, March 08, 2004 1:27 PM
Subject: [MV] neato anti-theft device