CUCV Dynamic Balancer

From: Bruce Beattie (bruce@eecs.berkeley.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 08 2004 - 19:38:01 PST

To any of you that have installed a "pulley cone" on a "damper assembly,
tor".

There is a lip on the inside hole on the pulley cone which mates to a
hole on the
damper assembly.

The question I have is, when you mate these two parts together , is
there any play
between the lip on the pulley cone and the hole on the damper assembly?

I had to use a block of wood and a hammer to seperate the pulley cone
from the old
damper assembly after removing the bolts.

I bought a bran spankin new damper assembly, and when I went to attach
the pulley
cone, there was a LOT of play to the point where you can't realy be sure
the pulley is
centered without going the dial indicator route. movement is about 1/8 "

I am trying to establish whether they have sent me the wrong part
without having to remove
the damper assembly to get at the part number or to measure it.

Thanks,
Bruce MVPA 23824