Re: [MV] PRC-25 Battery Question

From: Larry Tighe (larryradio@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Mar 09 2004 - 13:07:27 PST

Here's what I think I know:

The PRC 25 has a 3 volt tap on the battery for the power amplifier tube in
the transmitter. And, it uses the 12 volts also. If you don't want to
transmit, you could put the 12 volts into the ground and 12 volt pins. Just
not be able to transmit because you wouldn't have the filament in the power
amplifier tube operating.

The PRC 77 doesn't have that tube and just needs the 12 volts.

Lar
M151A2
M998

Subject: [MV] PRC-25 Battery Question

> All Knowledgeable People !!!!!!
> I want to set-up my military receiver in my office. It uses the PRC-25
BA-4386 battery.