[MV] M886 personnel heater questions

From: D O (dohe69@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 09 2004 - 12:58:58 PST

A friend of mine asked me to post this. He has an M886 and is looking for
the fuel burning personnel heater for the back. According to TM
9-2320-266-34, dated January 1976, "The M886 ambulance 12 volt personnel
heater will be replaced with a 24 volt personnel heater."

The question is, what did they do to the truck to allow for a 24v heater
system to operate? Everything else I see in the manual shows the rest of
the truck operating at 12v.

If there is too much trouble/expense in setting up the 24v heater, does
anyone out there have a working 12v personnel heater?

One-click access to Hotmail from any Web page – download MSN Toolbar now!