No, wait that ground is too sof.... too late

From: Mike Maynard (mike@wesleyscott.com)
Date: Tue Mar 09 2004 - 16:15:55 PST

Well, I had the best of intentions.... drive the deuce down the hill
into my backyard, and back up to the back door of the house (basement)
and unload the firewood... no Problem... it's a deuce, right? WRONG!!!!
Hehe I found a soft spot in the backyard right as I decided it was time
to change directions... and guess what happened... you got it! I got
stuck. Got a winch crew over here to help me, and we pulled it forward
some to get it onto some slightly dryer gound. Then we ran the winch
cable under the truck, through a clevis at the pintle, and to a tree
behind it. Pulled it safely to dryer ground. :-) even managed to still
get it back to the house where I wanted it!! I am sure everyone wants
to know... do I have pictures? I can do one better... we took video
with a digital video cam. Unfortunatly, I don't have a computer here
handy with firewire, so it will be tomorrow before I can share the
fun.... Any comments about running the winch cable underneath and out
the back? Is that an acceptable practice? It did make a nice mark on
the front bumper as the cable ran down over the front of it.

Mike