electrical feedback

From: everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 04:46:49 PST

I am by no stretch of the imagination an electrician - but, I do know that
some times to get 120 volts people have been know to use "hot leg" of a 230
volt line and use the ground from same 230 volt line and get 120, it is my
understanding when this is done everything else on the same line now has a
"hot" ground and it is possible to get fatal amount of electricity from the
ground wire........

I certainly endorse use of GFI's -- not that my endorsement amounts to
anything

Everette