Re: [MV] electrical feedback on S250 shelter through ground....

From: John Doherty (mofta@hiwaay.net)
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 19:59:06 PST

If your shelter is typical of most, it has had the 'stock' internal devices
removed.

Check to make sure that in the haste to remove the origianl equipment, the
removers didn't take a short cut or two, and leave some loose wiring laying
in a raceway or box, shorted together or touching the housings.

That's what I found in my 35' ADP trailer, in a couple of spots. I got a
nice jolt when I reached for the door the first time I added power to mine.
I went through all the main boxes, and everything was fine, but I didn't
check all the wiring runs because I was in a hurry. I finished checking all
the wiring by droplight from the outside power, and even found a grounded
hot wire in an overhead flourescent fixture!

Never hurts to double check everything when troubleshooting electricity.
Especially when you have no idea who was messing with it before you got it.

Good luck,

John