RE: [MV] Video As promised

From: Mike Maynard (mike@wesleyscott.com)
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 11:16:17 PST

Dave you are right, I had a large clevis hanging from the Pintle hook.
I had decided that it was save to go under the truck, as the axle tubes
are smooth, and they kept the cable low enough to clear everything else.
The pipe idea while good in theory, wouldn't be practical. That pipe
would create a nice 'skid rail' for the truck to get hung up on. I have
a plow frame on my old pickup that does just that, and it really sux...
;-) I would like to put a roller or 2 on the truck to allow the cable
to clear the bumper without rubbing on it. I suppose that a roller
could be mounted to the front axle somehow to keep the cable from
rubbing on it, as well as the rear axle, then up through a clevis or
roller at the pintle... allowing for frictionless movement of the
cable. My guess is though that if the mil got one stuck, and there
wasn't another available, they did just what I did... :-)

Mike