RE:M151 Mutt Research - You Can Help (yes you can !!)

From: Muttguru@aol.com
Date: Sat Mar 13 2004 - 04:50:24 PST

Dear Listers,

I am starting some research into mutt carburetors so if you have a mutt (any
version) or if you just have a carb sitting on the shelf, you can help.

On the body of the carb, there is a flat, square area. On this, there should
be stamped various lines of information, for example:-

ZENITH 13660
1168709
1-80

There are several different types of Zeniths and the plan is to put together
a list showing type / part number / date.

If you can let me know what YOUR carb says, and also whether the MIXTURE
SCREW is adjustable or whether it is the SEALED - EMISSION CONTROL type.

If you have a Holley carb, please let me know the details of it, too.

I will circulate the results to everyone who is interested, but the bigger
the response, the better the quality of the information will be. You don't need
to twiddle with the carb, or remove it from the vehicle to get the
information, the data is uppermost on the carb.

Your contribution will be very much appreciated. You can use the section
below for a response.

Thanks...
Ken

MAKE