Automatic Deuce With Power Steering

From: Grant Stockly (grant@stockly.com)
Date: Wed Mar 17 2004 - 13:41:25 PST

Disclaimer:
First of all, I am determined to make my deuce quieter, faster, have power
steering, and an automatic transmission. ;)

>From the outside, its a deuce. From the inside, its my toy. :D

Eventually I'd like to add hydraulic assist steering from a 1 ton chevy.
To supplement that it would be nice to hvae a 1.5 or 2" bore assist
cylinder like the kind used on offroad buggies.

What interests me imediately is the kits offered by the below company.

http://www.phxgrp.com/transmission.htm

They offer adaptors for the bell housing and flex plate for common light
line truck transmissions. The price for these adaptors is ~350 for the
SAE4 and ~15-20 more for the SAE3. These include a ring to adapt the
bellhousings and a plate to bolt to the flywheel of the diesel. The flex
plate bolts to this adaptor plate. Look in the picture on their page.

The quest for a free-cheap 2wd overdrive automatic begins. And in Alaska,
2wd truck transmissions aren't all that sought after, so I'm in luck. ;)

What do you guys think? :)

Grant