Re: [MV] Automatic Deuce With Power Steering

From: David Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Thu Mar 18 2004 - 05:31:41 PST

I think you might be better off looking for a used Allison transmission
with an SAE bellhousing.

They are used in a lot of trucks. You could go this route, but the real
problem might be finding a transmission that has low shift points for a
diesel and can handle the torque of the M35 engines. A Turbo 400 might
work if properly setup, however it has no overdrive. The GM 700R series
aren't particulary strong transmissions unless you get just the right
model.

I've seen rebuilt Allisons at truck stores for about $1000.

Dave

--
Dave