Re: [MV] On the subject of canvas

From: David Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Mon Mar 22 2004 - 04:49:51 PST

The only handheld canvas sewing machine I have ever seen was a awl type
needle mounted to a wooden handle with a small spool of heavy thread
between the handle and the needle. I think they are used by sailors (or
want_to_be sailors) to repair sails and rigging. If you need a source for
one, I believe that Sailrite sells them. They make sail kits. They are
located in mid Northern Indiana, they also sell all kinds of canvas and and
sailmaking supplies including grommets and grommmet tools.

Dave