RE: [MV] Michelin 11.00 R16 XL tires

From: John Brian Seeling (JBSeeling@cox-internet.com)
Date: Mon Mar 22 2004 - 06:50:32 PST

Unfortunately, they're not for sale. I bought them to finish my next
project truck (probably finished late summer/early fall). I have a set on
my stock M37 and I have loved them. They're fantastic both on and off road
for the stock M37. The truck that will get these new tires (my 2nd M37) is
going to have a dodge 318 V8 installed in lieu of the stock engine using
Ray's helitool kit. The engine is still in the "donor" truck, and it may
get an overhaul before being dropped in the M37. Although I don't really
"need" the 6th tire, I plan on saving it just in case I ruin a tire somehow,
since I'll be running two trucks with these and have cut my fair share of
sidewalls offroad.

I had been quietly searching for another set of these for about a year.
After GL's "premium," sales tax and shipping these to my shop, I ended up
paying about $225 per tire. I was prepared to spend up to $300 a tire.
Some may say I paid too much, others may think that's a great deal. It was
a big risk because I did purchase them "sight-unseen" and was very nervous
about the deal until they arrived at my shop last week on a truck from
Southeastern Freight lines. Thank god, they're new, and look like they've
never been mounted to a rim. I would not recommend doing this unless you're
really prepared to throw your cash away because they very easily could have
been ruined already. I think I've had an ulcer since I found out that I was
the high bidder.

I'll be bidding on some more tires that are coming up in Texarkana. I need
a good set of 20" radials to convert the M35 to super-singles. There are
some big lots of tires, so I know that I'm going to end up with more tires
than I need, so if I win any of those lots of tires, I'll have extras that
will be for sale, and will post on this list what is available for anyone
that may have an interest in the lagniappe. I hope to be able to take a day
off from work to go out to inspect the lots soon.

On a positive note, for pickup and delivery of the tires, I used the broker
services of "freightquote." I had used them once before to ship a winch for
the same project truck from out west. They arranged for the pickup, had all
of the correct carrier information for me, and had them to my shop in about
3 days. I'm close enough to Texarkana that I'll just bring the goose-neck
and pickup anything from that location myself, even if it takes a few trips
to do it.