Re: [MV] Information Needed

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Thu Mar 25 2004 - 19:41:20 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stu" <stuinnh@comcast.net>
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2004 6:41 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] Information Needed

> Mine works fine to tow my popup with my 1009. Regular draw tight hitch
will
> not fit the 1009. You would have to remove bumper, so Uhaul told me.
Combo
> works great for my boat, popup and M416.

I just replaced the military pintle with a combination ball/pintle hitch in
order to tow my boat. I just went down to the local "Princess Auto" store
here in B.C. and found exactly what I was looking for. Bolted right up to
the 1009's holes with no modification. I knew it would work because I'd
previously done the same with a Humvee a couple of years ago.

(The only drawback is that you lose the pintle articulation, so if you're
dragging an M101 or an M100/416 over some serious ground, your pintle will
no longer rotate with the lunette if you encounter extremes. I doubt that
applies to 93% of us anyway, but thought I'd mention it for the rest.)