Re: [MV] 6TL Explosion

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Fri Mar 26 2004 - 20:13:38 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: <MVTrucker@aol.com>
Sent: Friday, March 26, 2004 6:02 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] 6TL Explosion

> I suspect that a spark lit up the hydrogen(?) gas that is
> produced when a battery is being charged. The explosion
> might have been caused by a spark from a loose cable
> connection. I blew the top off of a battery in a civilian
> vehicle when I inadvertantly started to hookup jumpers bass
> ackwards. Sparks caused the gas to explode the batt.
> Joe Young

Had the same thing happen to me wrt the spark, and I suspect that in the
original poster's case, he either had a high resistance connection between
battery terminal and battery, or possibly between cable and battery
terminal. Under starter load you've got some serious amperage there, and
one tiny spark is all it takes if the batteries are gassing.