Re: [MV] M1009 CUCV steering / ign switch problem

From: Royce C Hayes (rc_hayes1@juno.com)
Date: Sat Mar 27 2004 - 05:29:08 PST

I had a similar problem with a K 5 Blazer.

I would try liberal amounts of WD 40 around and in the ignition switch. I
don't have my book handy, but, it seems that we pulled the steering wheel
to take the pressure off the switch and then pulled the switch. There
may be a pin accessible under the horn mechanism that holds the switch
in.

I do not know if the parts are interchangeable, Pep Boys or any parts
store may have a new switch.

Royce