Aberdeen East Coast Rally Display and Judging

From: Janet A. Mele (jamele@erols.com)
Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 16:42:24 PST

>From George Mele, Crownsville,MD
WACB&GMVT Aberdeen Rally Judging Chairman

Well, here we are only a little over a month till the East Coast Rally!! We
are selling quite a few vendor spaces and expect a great turnout for the
flea market portion of the Rally. Just as important is the vehicle display
aspect as this is an opportunity to share our vehicles with fellow hobbyists
and the general public, and perhaps enter some fun competition for class and
category awards. Our judging and scrutiny of vehicles tends to be a little
less structured and formal than national level MVPA standards and is
intended to be an educational and "fun" experience rather than serious
competition.

Check out our club website by clicking http://www.wacbgmvt.org , click on
the moving banner advertising the rally, and then select the
judging,display, and awards boxes on the left hand screen menu. There you
will find the tentative categories and classes, judging forms for the
various vehicle types, listing of special awards, and all of the boilerplate
concerning rules, safety, and judging philosophy. All of this is subject to
last minute change as we incorporate changes suggested by club members and
adjust categories to actual attendance. NOTHING is cast in concrete yet but
this information should give you a good flavor of how we would like to do
business this year.

The biggest change over previous years is that we intend to judge over a
three-day span instead of trying to judge everyone on Saturday morning. Many
vehicles will be screened for safety and running aspects upon arrival at the
show. This is the only aspect that requires the owner's presence. Further
detailed judging may be done on entry, while the vehicle is on display, or
at the owner's space. Final tabulation, late entries, etc will be done
Saturday morning and we hope to have awards announced much earlier than in
previous years. Because we will not be sure of actual category/class
participation until the last minute we will prepare award plaques after the
fact and mail them to winners.

Look over our website and participate in the rally --either in competition
for awards or just display of your prized vehicle. Hope to see many of you
there this year.

NEW SUBJECT: I expect to be bringing my restored Russian GAZ69A command car
and KMZ
sidecar motorcycle for display. Is anyone else on the list planning to bring
any russian vehicles?

Would also like to hear from any list members who own russian vehicles to
compare notes on restoration, parts sources, etc.