Answers!

From: Ed Kirkley (mojoedd@bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 17:17:32 PST

Well the jury is in on my M-1009 noise(s). The flywheel was cracked along a
pattern in roughly the shape of a star. It followed but did not enter the
bolt holes. My tranny guy says this is common on Chevy's. The torque
converter was also toast. The funny thing(s) are it actually was getting
BETTER gas mileage and the noise was without a doubt a muffler sound.

BTW, the flywheel was replaced and the tranny rebuilt in December 2002.

Thanks again to all who helped and gave me ideas! I truly believe that this
list is one of the most wonderful things on the internet!

Best Regards,

Ed (low in the wallet, but back in the saddle)!