Re: [MV] More CUCV Questions

From: rcakitty@verizon.net
Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 16:48:30 PST

  Okay,Kenny, here goes nothing! The CUCV alternators are both 12 volt but with insulated ground terminals. The left(drivers side) is #1 and is grounded to a intake manifold stud by a wire from said grd terminal. Here's where it gets dicey - the output of #1 is fed into the grd of #2(passenger side) which then adds 12 volts to the 12 from #1 and out of #2 pops 24!! Check it out(CAREFULLY) with a multimeter. The wire that is sandwiched into the inter battery cable supplies 12 volts to all the vehicles electrical needs save starting,glow plugs and Mil radio. Flame Shields Up!! Robert Anderson 3/29