5ton pump for a Deuce Saga......

From: Cliff S (mtnbikinssgt@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 31 2004 - 19:28:22 PST

Well the story continues as I worked over the idle adjustment some more, the fuel delivery screw, and took apart my shattered (original one) pump to see how it all comes together.  I backed out the idle screw ALL the way, engine still races to outer space..........

I have a feeling that somewhere in the innerds of this pump there is something that is drastically stuck.  Does anyone have any ideas as to what it is and tell me where to "unstuck" it?

I spent the rest of the day trying to find the elusive "nylon" hose for the low pressure fittings for the pump and will install it all tomorrow, bypassing the compensator this time, following my buddys truck fuel line routing.

Does anyone have any spare pumps (that they know are good) in the SoCal area that I can "borrow"?  Promise I will give it back.  May even pay for "usage", unless there is an option to have this one tested for proper flow, and who does this test?

Unless there are other pumps out there that are known good ones (yes Bjorn I know!) for say "a good price?"

It runs, LIKE A RAPED APE!!  BUT just cant control it yet................

Cliff Smith
'71? AMG M35A2
'77 M880
'68 M274A5
'?? M416 (Flatbed)
MVPA #26244

All the action. All the drama. Get NCAA hoops coverage at MSN Sports by ESPN.