Re: [MV] AS-1729 antenna question

From: J. Wiehe (j.wiehe@sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri Apr 02 2004 - 11:16:48 PST

This was posted on the Military Radios list last year.

They are not my instructions but cover what you are
wanting to do.

Jim Wiehe VA3JHW
j.wiehe@sympatico.ca

Message: 10
   Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 19:31:44 -0000
   From: "prcradio" <km6ab@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Modify an MX-6707 with AS-1729 for use on CB?

Here are some instructions I gave someone a while back, don't know if
they did it or how it worked but it's worth a try:

Take the bottom cover off the 1729 and look at the bottom of the ant
with the coax cable/connector facing you. Find the 5th tuning
capacitor
(small screw driver adjustment) counting from the coax cable in a
counter-clockwise direction. This capacitor (C8) tunes the lowest band
30-33mhz on the antenna and will probably allow you to match the
antenna at 27mhz. You will need to have the whip attached and
preferably mount the antenna on the vehicle. If not mounted, tune the
antenna on a wooden ladder, away from any large metal objects. This
antenna does not require a ground plane.

The above was posted on the Military Radios list last year.

Jim Wiehe VA3JHW
j.wiehe@sympatico.ca