Vehicle Beautification

From: Doc Scheffler (roughdoc@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Apr 08 2004 - 18:30:01 PDT

I'm assigned out at Fort Gordon Georgia.

One of the first things I noticed when I got here was the poor condition of
the historic military vehicles (and the fact that none of them are Signal
type equipment - Gordon is the home of the signal corps!)

I'm playing with the idea of getting folks to "adopt" a vehicle and have
these folks or groups keep the vehicles looking historically correct and
looking good.

The Army would pay for the paint and stuff, just need manpower. Looking for
ideas on what other enticements to offer the volunteers, such as the ability
to name TC's, etc., on the vehicles. Heck I'm looking for feedback if folks
think this is a good idea.

It's frustrating going to meetings and hearing them just talk about painting
them, without any regard to correct colors, camo patterns, etc. As I told
one NCO today, what's the point of having historically significant vehicles
if we can't take the time to preserve them accurately.

Looking for input.

Doc