RE: [MV] Further on 5 ton steering fluid problem

From: Glenn Shaw (mpmutt@mtaofnj.us)
Date: Thu Apr 08 2004 - 23:30:58 PDT

Hi
The OMS shops some years ago converted all the 800 and 900 series trucks
to 10 weight oil in the power steering as well as the automatic
transmissions of the 900 series trucks. Supposed to give better
reliability. Air is supposed to bleed out when the steering is jacked
up and turned lock to lock for a few times. You don't have to jack it
up but it saves the tires and makes it easier.

Glenn