Re: [MV] Interesting CUCV twist

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Sat Apr 10 2004 - 05:52:59 PDT

Chris, as you can see I've been out of the off road 4x4 stuff for a while. I
thought it was only the bonus and crew cab that had the 40.5 inch spacing. If
in fact all the one tons, regardless of cabs, have the 40.5 inch spacing then
I stand corrected.
  10 years ago I would have hacked up a hundred M1008s for the axles but
these days I wouldn't think of doing that. Take note to this though, the Chevy
CUCV pickups have never really been cheap like the M880s were. Between the off
road community chopping them up and the commercial market seeing their
ruggedness as a small truck, they are only going to get harder to find and more
expensive. Remember when M416s were so cheap! I've been watching the M105 trailers
and they are on the rise too. I can't say about the M1009 but I'm working on
one now and it looks like the best candidate for a daily driver MV. Now let
me ask this, does anybody have any idea of the final numbers of the Chevy CUCV
trucks and blazers sold to the Gov't?

Regards from the retired off road thrasher!
kenny