Re: [MV] M38A1 Parts Jeep on Ebay

From: m35products (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Wed Apr 14 2004 - 07:44:36 PDT

Aaron:

A businessman asking three times (in your opinion) what something is worth
is not necessarily attempting to screw anyone. Do you know what he paid for
it? Perhaps he's just made a mistake and is trying to recoup his expense. (I
don't know who he his, and don't care to know.)

If someone buys it at the reserve price, and is happy, what's your beef? If
no-one buys it, maybe the seller will relist it at a lower price. You, the
potential buyer, have no say in the matter, other than to bid, or not.

You bought a better one for $500. Very good! Do you feel that you screwed
the seller, that time, or were you just lucky to find a seller who hadn't
done his homework?

This is still a free market country. I am constantly amazed at prices (both
low and high) and, indeed, the whole concept, of Ebay. What amazes me even
more are the constant comments from people who just don't seem to understand
the concept. It's an auction. It's caveat emptor. It's capitalism. Sit back,
relax, and enjoy the show.

Warmest Regards,

A P Bloom, Capitalist.