Re: [MV] M1009 sparking shifter linkage

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Wed Apr 14 2004 - 09:10:51 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Amnon" <amnon@deltaforce.net>
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2004 8:24 AM
Subject: [MV] M1009 sparking shifter linkage

> I just had the tires replaced on my M1009, and as I started it to pull
out,
> everyone went "oooooooohhh" and stepped back.

I think the chassis ground is either on the frame-rail right by the engine
fuel pump or on the opposite side in the same place near the power-steering
box. Can't remember exactly. Most of the GM vehicles also tend to have a
small ground (about 8-10 guage) going from the system negative battery
terminal to the body just above the headlight on the bulkhead between the
fender and the rad. Can't remember if the CUCVs have that though. Usually
if the main ground's gone it's this little wire which acts like an 8 guage
fuse when you're starting, but if it's absent too - it'll naturally try to
get any ground it can anywhere.