Re: [MV] More on the tow bars

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Wed Apr 14 2004 - 09:05:00 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas M McHugh" <tmmchugh@msn.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2004 6:22 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] More on the tow bars

> I still wonder if I will be around when the Medium / Heavy discussion is
> actually settled. Doubt it !!!

I picked up a set of adapters you which were useable for both the deuce and
the smaller vehicles, and you just flipped it around on the end of the
towbar depending on which vehicle you were towing. After I brought them
home and tried them on that Medium towbar I talked about in the other post,
I found they were meant for its 'bigger brother' which I'd also seen in the
scrapyard (same exact style, just bigger in every respect.)

I believe those "double" adapters are also available for Towbar, Vehicular,
Medium - but was warned off them a long time ago by someone who told me they
were incredibly dangerous and known to snap under average loads which
wouldn't cause the standard ones to so much as flinch. I've had no
confirmation of that since, but I think the guy doing the talking was an
ex-recovery op, so I was inclined to take him at his word.