Re: [MV] 2.5 ton hub removal, 2 soldiers?

From: David Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Wed Apr 14 2004 - 19:32:48 PDT

I've pulled the front hubs on my 5 ton with the help of a engine hoist.
Put a nylon choker strap around the hubs outer surface, hook it to the
engine hoist. Remove the nut and outer bearing and move the engine hoist
back to remove the hub. A tire dolley would be nice, but I don't have that
much room to store it.

I would not attempt to remove a 5 ton hub manually unless I had to. It
would be hell on your back. I don't know about a duece hub, but I think
they are much lighter.

Dave