Re: [MV] 24 V battery charger?

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Thu Apr 15 2004 - 20:00:52 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Glenn Shaw" <mpmutt@mtaofnj.us>
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 6:28 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] 24 V battery charger?

> Hi Dick,
> Just use a 24 volt charger. Its simpler to use. As far as batteries if
> you want the right ones in there just use 2 of the 2HN batteries. You
> can pick them up at a very reasonable price from Zero at Star Electric.
> He advertises in the magazines, does mail order and is at a lot of the
> shows. A very nice guy to deal with.

I think Frank's Surplus (or maybe it was Riv-Rad?) had some. Evidently the
Everest-Jennings electric wheelchair chargers are 24V and have decent
overcharge protection too. I used to see them surplus quite a bit locally,
so I imagine they'd show up periodically at GL and GSA too. Failing that,
just charge each individually.