Re: [MV] [MVlist] Re: new light switch available - it can't just turn on the ...

From: Larry Tighe (larryradio@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Apr 16 2004 - 10:43:43 PDT

Hi Ken et. al.,

I have the switch in my M998. You have to push the button twice, for
example, "Service Drive" and then the "Enter" button in the center. The
reason for twice, I guess, is that if you make a mistake and push enter, you
may turn on the headlights in a hostile location thus giving away your
location...so twice means you intended to do what you're doing.

After you operate any function, the legends stay lighted for about two
minutes and then times out. The function you turned on has a blue LED
shinning as a "tally". I guess there may be some very small drain on the
battery or, maybe it is no-drain till you press one of the membrane
"buttons".

It's great a night as you can see exactly what light system you're
activating, Black Out, Stop, Service Drive, etc. Unless you've memorized
all the positions on the mechanical switch, this one is way better.

I hear tell they are now standard issue in the new HUMVEE's today. Got mine
for $100 on eBay, got two in fact, one for the M151A2. They're a real
improvement. Unfortunately, the eBay prices are now going through the roof.

If anyone needs my contact at the mfr. I'll try to find it again....I put it
on the list last week, I think. They replaced a bad unit, free, no questions
asked and paid the FEDEX both ways!!!

Lar

www.antiquetelephone.com