new 400 AMP 28 brushless alternator

From: ALEJANDRO CHAVEZ (achavezv_gm@yahoo.com.mx)
Date: Fri Apr 16 2004 - 12:20:56 PDT

Hi list,
I am triying to adapt the 300amp aircraft generator to
my humvee and rebuild the original but little
obsesive
finally I find a souce for the 400 AMP

http://www.ceniehoff.com/products/altDisplay.asp?searchtype=1&volt=&=&make_name=N1601-1&keyword=

but new it is a little expensive $3400 USD?
did I hear that wrong?, do this will sell only to
military people?
any idea where to find this cheapper? rebuild pats?

even without alternator I put two new bateries
below the rear seats and went to test steering and
suspension for a suspicios noise to a volcano near
here last weekend 4,200 meters altitude...choose the
alternate non-comercial road
-noise was made for the rubber part that hold the
hood-
loose some power for the altitud but we have lots of
fun will send some pictures later

Alejandro
1985 HMMWV
1942 GPW