Re: [MV] Fuel economy, was cargo covers

From: David Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Fri Apr 23 2004 - 08:58:10 PDT

I don't know where you live, but the truck drivers I see on a daily basis
are concerned about fuel economy but more concerned about time and miles
under the tires. If they were concerned about fuel economy and not much
else, they would all be driving 55 mph. When was the last time you saw a
trucker doing 55?

I like my M51 a lot, but I don't drive it to Meijer to buy bread. I drive
something more economical. If I need to haul a load of rock, I drive the
M51. I don't see many truck drivers running bobtail. If I drive the kids
around for fun, I take the M51. At 50 cents per mile for gas, I can't
afford the 20 mile round trip to Meijer to buy $15.00 of food. Right now
I'm doing about 50,000 miles per year. That would be a $25,000 gas bill
for me with my M51, not including tires, etc.

If you want to get great fuel economy, but a used VW Rabbit diesel. If you
want to haul 4 tons of wood out of a woodlot, use your duece.

If you are using a M35 for a daily driver. Suck it up and pay the bill, or
buy a cheap car and drive that.

I just don't want to hear a bunch of wining about only 9 or 10 mpg on cheap
diesel.

Or otherwise...
ex: You know my Case 400 farm tractor is a little slow on the highway, does
anyone have any ideas on how to make it faster....duh..It is a farm tractor
right....

or: I have a Electromotive train engine and it is only getting 1/3 mpg on
heavy crude.... anyone have any tips for better mpg?...uhhhhh... ok we are
talking about a train engine here... and you are using it for your daily
driver..???

Dave (I don't wax my M51 either)