Re: [MV] Fuel economy, was cargo covers

From: Richard (metal@fullwave.com)
Date: Fri Apr 23 2004 - 10:18:22 PDT

good funny examples....but maybe wasted....since
I -did- point out that it's when one -uses- the truck
that one is concerned with econcomy.

It so happens that hauling rock is exactly what we use
our truck for....that's our business (landscaping stone).
And we -are- interested in economy....so I guess we're
just out of whack <g>.

The fact that semi-drivers strive to put miles on does not
mean they don't care about economy. We contract with
long-haul trucks on a regular basis, and every one of them
are very aware of fuel-prices and their fuel-mileage on a
daily basis. The majority of truckers do invest in streamlining
devices and other mods to add a quarter mpg wherever they can.

"cheap" diesel ? Sounds nice! Where can I get some ?? <g>

Diesel in Oregon just went over 2 bucks last week. It's not
"cheap" here....it's normally within 2-3 cents of regular gas.
Our beloved bureaucrats set up the taxes to make it that way...

In Cali, diesel is already over $2.25 and still climbing. One of

our regular north/south haulers just parked his rig. Said he's
not
making a penny at these prices, so he's staying home to work
on his farm. I think hauling-rates are about to climb some
more...

--
Please do NOT add or "subscribe"