Re: [MV] M1009 tires + M211 and trailers

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 29 2004 - 07:14:48 PDT

Caleb, using the 4L80E would be really neat but really expensive. It is an
electronic operated trans that requires a computer to operate. I think the 90
and 91 V3500 trucks had this computer for stand alone operation. The TH700R4
and it's computerized brother the 4L60E have gotten a bad rap from their
earlier design flaws. Most if not all of these flaws have been corrected and it is a
very favorable transmission. I features a lower 1st gear than the TH400 and
TH350. 700R4/NP208 combinations can be had at reasonable prices out of parted
vehicles. I had an 84 Chevy 1/2 ton with the 6.2 TH700R4 combo. This along
with the 3.08 gears made it quite the highway truck. Wouldn't pass anything but
a gas station. 23MPG was the norm. I have the 700/208 combo here that I
thought of getting rid of but since have decided to keep it in hopes of getting an
M1008.
My Opinion,
Kenny