Re: [MV] M1009 tires + M211 and trailers

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Tue Apr 27 2004 - 03:39:44 PDT

Caleb, most 33" tires will clear on the M1009 so long as they are installed
on the 8" wheel and you don't bind it up much. If you start crossing creeks at
an angle contact will surely occur. Also there will probably be a clearance
issue between the front of the LF tire and the drag link on locked right turns.
Besides my M1009 I picked up a civilian blazer for parts that has the 33"
tires on 8" rims and suffers the left turn drag link contact. Other than that it
works pretty decent. As far as backing the little M107, it's a bear with a
deuce. I try to avoid backing mine but when I do, as soon as a trailer fender
appears in the window I fight to correct it and send it the other way. By the
time I get it where I want it there are squigly tire marks all over the place and
my arms are sore as heck. One of these days I'll get power steering.
The little deuce tractor I have makes things easier with a foot shorter
wheelbase and loads of visibility.
Regards,
Kenny